AI Class Playlists

Lil' reference for anyone doing the Stanford AI class... It's a collection of playlists for each unit, so you can grab them with something like youtube-dl (I use the command youtube-dl -w -t -f 18 http://playlisturl. I didn't check what those flags do, but it says "wtf", and that's all that matters).

As a post note, these playlists were generated using a quick-and-dirty jQuery script to scrape and sort the video page, and a python script using the GData APIs to create and populate the playlists. If you want to D-I-Y, then the Playlist Uploader Gist is now available!

24 Comments

1. DigiGram wrote:

Nice Site. -w is for no-overwrite, going to add it to mine. -t is the best, it saves the video as the title and not just the XSEWFA_R or whatever code. I migth be wrong but -f 18 is redundant as format 18 is the default.
    I use youtube-dl -cit (to continue upon errors and ignore errors)
    None the less, thanx for the playlists.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Permalink
  2. Abe wrote:

How does this work? with the “reddit” method I receive error 402, with the playlist I can download the 1st video of the list.

Friday, October 28, 2011 at 3:13 am | Permalink
  3. Mr Speaker wrote:

Which playlist isn’t working? What’s the “reddit” method? I’m downloading Unit 6 right now with:

./youtube-dl.py -w -t -f 18 http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBC6833C96B44DB57

Friday, October 28, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Permalink
  4. Andrew wrote:

Awesome, thanks!
    BTW, I also love your captcha! I missed reddit’s one a couple of times;-)

Monday, October 31, 2011 at 3:54 am | Permalink
  5. Sumod wrote:

Nice, thx!

Are you planning to keep the list updated for future units or would you be able to share the script?

Monday, October 31, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Permalink
  6. Mr Speaker wrote:

Hey Sumod – I’ll try and keep the lists up-to-date… My scripts have a couple of cruddy manual steps, but I might throw them up here anyway (Update: they’re here… https://gist.github.com/1333398/)

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 8:01 pm | Permalink
  7. atakan wrote:

good job with youtube-dl. Btw how can we find new units 7-8 in youtube?

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Permalink

here is unit 10:

Monday, November 7, 2011 at 5:51 am | Permalink
  11. MrAdrenalin wrote:

Thanks a lot !

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 at 11:52 pm | Permalink
  12. Abe wrote:

Now the script works. But where are the answer for HW 4 & 5?

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 at 4:18 am | Permalink
  13. Mr Speaker wrote:

Hey Abe – the homework answers are not posted in the “knowitvideos” account, but in the private “davidknowlabs” account where you need to know the URL to see the vids – so it escapes the scripts. I have to snag the URLS manually for these, but I’ve been a bit lazy… sorry!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 at 7:48 am | Permalink
  14. Andrew wrote:

Thanks for the great site. The game theory videos stop in the middle of the unit, there are more of them at ai-class.org

[Hey Andrew, thanks for the heads up – I re-uploaded unit 14. – Mr Speaker]

Friday, November 25, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Permalink
  15. Kiran wrote:

Thanks a lot for playlist.

Saturday, November 26, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Permalink
  16. KP wrote:

hi,
    will u be uploading the playlist for unit 17, 18 and HW7 anytime soon? I’m so used to downloading and watching the videos now.
    thanks

Friday, December 2, 2011 at 12:44 am | Permalink
  17. JG wrote:

Any plans for latest video playlists?

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Permalink
  18. Mr Speaker wrote:

Sorry for the delay: youtube went and redesigned their site, so I had to update my scripts ;)

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at 8:50 pm | Permalink
  19. For the finals playlist:

Thanks
    Ricardo

Friday, December 16, 2011 at 10:20 am | Permalink
  20. Karl wrote:

Hi Mr Speaker,

Really appreciate you offering these playlists!
    Do you have any plans to include the answers for all homework questions like you did for the first three units?

Thanks!

Saturday, December 17, 2011 at 5:09 am | Permalink
  21. STaj wrote:

Thank you very much. I missed lectures from the midterm and the final is up… I needed that downloads to get through the lectures in speed.. U r a lifesaver

Monday, December 19, 2011 at 2:39 am | Permalink
  22. Electric Eel wrote:

Thanks a lot Mr.Speaker. This list has been very helpful in my AI class prep.

Would it be possible for you to list the answers videos also for all the HWs and exams (of course finals is not over yet (19/12) :-))

Thanks again for your great effort.

Monday, December 19, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Permalink
  23. Lee wrote:

Worried that I won’t have access to the site after the end of the class, I’m downloading all the videos.

Do you think you will have updated playlists with the answers for the homework’s and final?

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Permalink